10 recovered Oct 14 bombing victims to arrive in Mogadishu from Turkey
Tuesday November 14, 2017 - 20:10:05 in English News by Burhan Editor
SOMALILANDERS:- Ten victims of October 14 truck bomb blast who were treated in Turkey will be returning to Mogadishu on Tuesday, Somali government confirmed.
35 people wounded in the truck bombing, including children were last month transferred to Turkey for medical treatment following the Oct. 14 attack which killed over 350 people and injured more than 500 others in Mogadishu.
Somali minister for information, Abdirahman Yariisow said in his Twitter post that ten will be arriving in Mogadishu after they were treated well in Turkey.
"10 of the seriously injured people recovered. The minister of Health of Turkey personally visited them as they returning to Mogadishu,” said Yariisow.
Among the returnees is Abdikadir Mohamud Abdulle, a freelancer journalist who was working with VOA Somali service. The journalist has also lost his friend in the blast.
25 others are still in the Turkish hospitals for treatment.
Turkey, Somalia’s close ally swiftly responded in 48 hours to the deadliest truck bombing by sending Turkish Air Ambulance to pick up the wounded people to transport them to Turkey for free medical treatment.
Ankara has the largest Embassy ever built overseas with a milatry training that is aimed to help Somalia’s fight against Al-shabaab.
|Nagala soo xiriir: [email protected]|
|Copyright © 2009 - 2018 Somalilanders.com All Rights Reserved.|